Thursday, August 22, 2013

It's Official!

That's right!  I did it!  I am officially running the Dallas Half Marathon this December!  I'll give you more details about how crazy my life will be around that time in a future post, but I'm too giddy to think about that stuff :)

Of course, I'll need to stay committed to my training if I have any hope of finishing this bad baby.  Oh, yeah.  Reminder to self: just because you're really tired from two days of listening to people talk at you and meeting a bunch of awesome folks, doesn't mean you can become a complete waste of a human.  Meaning: don't skip a run!  Yeah, I didn't get out today.  Does it count that it's all of a sudden summer again here?  No, probably not.  I'll make it up tomorrow. 

Speaking of orientation, here's Day 2:
I promise I won't become one of those selfie people.  I just thought people might like to see what I am capable of looking like with a little bit shit ton of effort ;)
Day 2 was more fun than Day 1.  We had actual attorneys and judges from all over the state come in and speak with us in groups.  It was nice to hear from people who have made this profession their life and passion.  I want to be one of the people coming to speak to an incoming class one day!  Again, I'll give orientation a better post Sunday or sometime next week.

Tomorrow (or Saturday if I don't feel like it tomorrow), I'm making the hour and a half drive into Germantown, TN, a suburb of Memphis.  That is where the Apple Store is, as well as some other shopping.  Thankfully, student loans hit our accounts this morning, so I am able to survive.  And thanks in advance to any of you who say taking out loans is a bad idea.  Yeah, I should just work two full-time jobs and live in a box instead.  No thanks.  I'm perfectly happy using borrowed (for the time being) money, and I'll worry about paying them when I have a real job :)  (In case you're still unsure, I DON'T give a crap if you're too good for student loans...I'm not, so let's just agree to disagree, shall we?)  Now that I'm off of that rant, let's be friends again!

If I want to be of any worth tomorrow, then I need to go to sleep like two hours ago.  Yeah, it's 9:20.  I'm 75 and still kickin'.  I won't be back here until Sunday evening, after a weekend filled with setting up my new laptop, running, playing with the Cairns (who are so glad to have money for food and fun again!), and STARTING LAW SCHOOL READINGS!!

http://bewilderedmother.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/rafiki-it-is-time.jpeg?w=500
I think we ALL know that Rafiki says it best.

Before I leave for the weekend, I wanted to leave you with this little treasure.  You HAVE to go watch it.  I don't know how to embed videos from other sites (help please?), so bear with me.  But trust me, it's a good 'un.  My cousin, Callie, emailed it to me and I couldn't stop laughing throughout the whole thing.  I'm saving for a trampoline now ;)

Until Sunday.  Your Daily Cairn:

Gatsby is KISSING Hatter.  There must be a full moon or something.


Questions:

1.  How are you going to enjoy your weekend!  I hope your is cooler (in temps, not quality) than mine will be!

2.  Do your dogs sometimes leave you speechless from being sweet to one another?
     - Dude can be such an ass to Hattie a lot of the times.  I really almost began tearing up when I looked over at their sweet behavior tonight.







2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the marathon! That's so exciting :)

    Weekend is going great. Hot, but only my PNW standards, completely doable.

    And I love it when our littermates cuddle up to each other like when they were puppies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Kimberly! I could use some PNW standard weather down here! Fall should be starting soon, right?!

      Delete

Mr. Gatsby, Hattie Mae, and I love to hear from you. Let's get to know one another and be friends :)